How to play
- Each player places the 2 small triangles on his/her left and 3 other Tangram pieces (the square, parallelogram and medium triangle) on his/her right.
- Shuffle the game cards and place the cards face down.
- Each player rolls the shape die and takes the tangram piece that is shown on the top-face of the die from the pieces placed on his/her right. This is called the rolled-shape piece.
- Start the timer for 3 minutes.
- Players take turns to turn the top card over.
- Each player uses the 2 small-triangles and his/her rolled-shape piece to form the shape shown on the opened card.
- Player who forms the correct shape within 3 minutes gets a point.
- Repeat steps 3 – 7 until all the cards have been drawn or as time permits.
How to win
The player with the most points wins the game!
We are only showing suggested formations for the first 3 shapes.
Encourage your children to keep on trying until they figured out the correct formation for the other shapes!