Refer to the video at Fraction-Tac-Toe.
How to play
- Players join the 9 shape-boards together to form a 3 x 3 game board.
- Players select the colour of their tangram sets.
- Player rolls a number dice and selects a shape on the game board. If the number on the dice is an odd number (1, 3 or 5), player places his tangram pieces on the game board to form the WHOLE selected shape. If the number on the dice is an even number (2, 4 or 6), player places one or more of his tangram pieces on the game board to form HALF of the selected shape.
- Tangram pieces used cannot be removed from the board during the game. If a player is unable to form the selected shape correctly with his tangram pieces, player forfeits a turn.
- Players take turns to play, repeating steps 3 and 4. The game ends when there is a winner or when both players are unable to use their remaining tangram pieces.
How to win
There are 3 ways to win the game:
(i) The first player to form 3 shapes in a row, column or diagonal.
(ii) The first player to use all his 7 tangram pieces.
(iii) The player with fewer tangram pieces at the end of the game.
There are many ways of covering the shapes partially in this game.
Here are some examples.
These are the seven pieces of the Tangram set: